2009-12-14

Chubby's Tacos

I am the worst blogger ever.

The past who-knows-how-many-times I have been to Chubby's Taco's, I have either forgotten to take pictures or bring my camera/ phone altogether... but finally, today, I remembered... after taking a bite out of my tamale, that is...

Anyway, Chubby's is one of my favorite Durham eateries! I was first attracted to the salsa bar (thaaaat's right folks, salsa bar) - all freshly made, all very delicious. Of course, the first time I went, I tried every single kind, but I have narrowed down a few favorites: Bandido's Salsa, Chile de Arbol, and the Habanero. The habanero is honestly one of the best spicy sauces that I have ever had, by the way - and that's speaking for all the Asian spicy foods that I've eaten...

The amazing salsa bar at Chubby's.

I usually order a taco and make it a meal, which comes with rice and beans (black or refried) and a bag of corn chips. However, recently I have discovered that their tamales are quite good, so pictured here is my meal from today, tamale with spicy chicken tinga:

I have also ordered the smothered tamale, which is the same thing but with chili, shredded lettuce, and tomato on top. I think I prefer the regular tamale, to be honest...

Tamale, refried beans, rice.

But of course, if it is your first time here, you must try the tacos. I really like the carnitas or spicy carne asada. My friends also highly recommend the fish tacos - the chipotle cream sauce does look very delicious.

If you haven't made your way down to 9th street yet for taco and salsa, you are definitely missing out. You'll get a great meal at an unbelievable price. And you'll probably see me there, sampling another flavor of salsa... (yes, I am easily entertained).

Restaurant: Chubby's Taco's
Price: $5-10

No comments:

Post a Comment