2009-10-18

Firebird's

Firebird's! Finally, a steakhouse :) I hope you guys aren't starting to think that I don't like steak or something.

There are many things on the menu, but as I've been here a couple of times before, I'll just tell you this: if you're here for steak (and you should be), get the prime rib. Herb-crusted, rubbed with black peppers, oven-roasted to medium-rare perfection - pictured below. Top photo is my 10-oz, and bottom is the dinner date's 16-oz. As you notice, the difference is in the thickness of the cuts, so as you might be able to imagine, the thicker 16oz cut is better.

10-oz prime rib, cooked medium rare and served with sauteed mushrooms

16-oz prime rib, cooked medium rare and served with Colorado baked potato

The steak is served au jus and with a light horseradish sauce. I prefer the au jus, but the horseradish also goes pretty well, too. It's not so overwhelming that it covers up the taste of the steak, yet it provides enough flavor. A bit too creamy for me, though, I think.

There is an assortment of sides, although the default is a Colorado baked potato. I chose sauteed mushrooms, which were very delicious, although the flavors were just a bit too much for me towards the end of the meal.

Overall, we love Firebird's - one of my favorite steakhouses all around (and that's sayin' somethin', folks - my home is out in Fort Worth, Texas.)

Firebird's (located in the Streets at Southpoint)
Price Range: $20-$40

No comments:

Post a Comment