2009-07-17

Local Yogurt

Local Yogurt. I've read about this place on multiple blogs and heard about it from several friends, so I knew that I had to check it out.

They offer four flavors at a time: original and chocolate are always available, and during my first visit, the two "rotating" flavors were butter pecan and mango. I tried butter pecan with granola and snickers. The texture of the froyo was so smooth that I almost didn't believe it was frozen yogurt! I was pretty surprised, but I also enjoyed it a lot. Butter pecan was a very good flavor, especially with the granola, but I thought snickers made the entire mixture too sweet. I also tried some of my friend's mango, which also tasted good, but unfortunately it had a bit of the artificial fruit syrup flavor.


Left: Butter pecan with granola and snickers. Right: mango with strawberry and kiwi (ordered by my friend)

On my next visit, I tried the original yogurt flavor - and it was incredible! I was expecting it to taste like plain ol' yogurt, but its taste was very refined, and reminded me of Chinese plain yogurt (酸奶/優酪乳). It also wasn't as creamy as butter pecan, which I liked - after all, this is frozen yogurt. Combined with granola, it tasted just like a yogurt parfait. Next time, I'll have to add some fresh fruit with this combination (or try the chips topping...). This has definitely become the #1 dessert place in my book!

(Follow their Twitter page for updates on their flavor and local topping offerings!)

$2.50 for petite (3oz) / $2.75 for small (5oz) / $3.75 for medium (8oz) / $4.50 for large (12oz)
$0.75 for first topping / $0.25 for add'l toppings
- Definitely give this a try if you like frozen desserts, or just desserts in general. You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment